AT OUR HOTEL ESTABLISHMENT
Signage and Information
• Ensure that clients are aware of and have access to this Internal Protocol relative to Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.
• Providing information on how to comply with the basic precautions of the prevention measures and control of infection, relative to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Cleaning and Sanitation Plan
• Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of all surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
• The frequent cleaning of surfaces and objects of common use (including counters, worktops, electrical light switches, elevator buttons, door and cabinet handles).
• Preference should be given to wet cleaning over dry cleaning and the use of a vacuum cleaner.
• Air renewal and ventilation of rooms and closed spaces is done regularly.
• Disinfection of the pool and other equipment in the Spa/Wellness areas.
• Regular disinfection of the Jacuzzi, which includes the emptying of all water, followed by washing and disinfection: thereafter Jacuzzi is refilled with clean water and disinfected with the appropriate amount of chlorine, according to the internal protocol.
• Reinforcement of the sanitation of all utensils, equipment and surfaces in the Restaurants and Bar areas, avoiding the direct handling of food by both customers and employees as much as possible.
• Thoroughly clean each customer dining table/location after every use.
• Ensure the bucket and mop used to clean floors are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the end of each use. The bucket and mop used must be identified by area/department used. For example: the same bucket and mop used in bathrooms must not be used to clean eating outlets or in other public areas.
• Washing of the floors must be carried out using hot water and everyday detergent, thereafter duly disinfected, using bleach, diluted in water. It is recommended that the cleaning frequency be done at least twice a day.
• In the sanitary facilities, washing must be carried out, preferably, using products containing both detergent and disinfectant, as it is easier to apply and disinfect. It is recommended that the frequency of cleaning the floors of the sanitary facilities be carried out at least 3 times per day.
• In areas where children may be playing, cleaning of these areas must be undertaken several times a day.
Adequacy of designated Area for Isolation Purposes
• The designated area for isolation of people with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection, should preferably have natural ventilation, or a mechanical ventilation system, have smooth and washable coverings/linings, a bathroom, supply of cleaning materials, surgical masks, disposable gloves, thermometer, self-contained waste container, waste bags, used laundry collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable food items.
Adequacy of Accommodation Units
• The definition of specific care for the changing of bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, favouring two spaced intervention times and with adequate protection according to the Internal protocol.
• Removing bed linen and towels without shaking items and by rolling them inwards, without touching the body and transporting them directly to the washing machine
• Separate washing machine at high temperatures around 60ºC for all bed linen and towels.
• Washing and disinfecting of the pillows after each customer change.
• Consider protecting the TV and air conditioning controls (ex: wrapping in plastic/vacuum pack).
• Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near all entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance to the restaurant, bar and common sanitary facilities.
• Liquid soap provided for hand washing and paper towels, in all sanitary facilities.